Funny Syrian and Djungarian hamsters live very long according to our human standards, but for this time have time to get sick your hamster diseases or get into trouble.If a hamster was pregnant, bleeding from the genitals may indicate a sudden miscarriage on the background of stress or injury.
If the hamster is in the blood, it is the duty of master – provision of first aid and emergency transportation to the doctor, the pet may require medication or surgery.
Why hamster pees blood
Causes of blood in the urine of rodents are:
- Insufficient care. Frequent colds pet in a draught or in a cold room develop inflammatory diseases of the urogenital system;
- Incorrect feeding. Excessive consumption of protein foods in rodents detrimental effect on the kidneys;
- Chronic disease and cysts of the urinary tract in older individuals;
- Infectious, viral and rocketsonde diseases of the genitourinary system;
- Urolithiasis as a result of repetitive feeding dry food;
- Leptospirosis and choriomeningitis;
In diseases of the genitourinary system and the hamster often writes a thick, muddy urine mixed with blood, during urination arches her back and squeaks. Fluffy baby refuses to eat, drinks often, sleeps a lot and not very active. Diabetes is the most exposed to Dzungaria. In this situation, you need a disposable syringe to collect a pet's urine in a sterile container and immediately to deliver the analysis and the sick animal to a veterinary clinic for early treatment.
The presence of blood on the priest at the pet – a very serious symptom. At the first drops of blood can take hours, and in your power to save and to cure little friend.