The teeth of hamster is an important criterion for assessing the health of a rodent, because he is born in order to "nibble."If you have never looked into the mouth of the pet, you might think that it only has two front "Fang", but it's not. The hamster 16 teeth: cutter is 2 top, 2 bottom and 6 indigenous for chewing food. At first glance, you can see only 4 of the cutter. To see the other 12 should take lightly hamster for the mane and pull back the cheek pouches.
Why the hamster "amber" smile?
In these animals the enamel is yellow, not white. If incisors are very much yellowed in a short period of time or appear brown plaque, this may indicate old age or that in the feed of the animal a lot of dyes. If you have concerns about yellowing, throw away the bad thoughts, because healthy hamster incisors are exactly this color. We understand why hamster yellow teeth – for it is quite natural.
If you have a hamster, you've probably taken care of by installing a cage in chalk or mineral stoneso he could sharpen the incisors, which grow all its life. Stones or twigs should always be in a cage little pet.
To properly care for animals, study the structure of the teeth hamster. They have no roots, therefore growing without stopping. Due to the lack of nerve endings at the base, stitching is painless.
The expression "sharpening your teeth" should not be taken literally: the animal bites a hard object, resulting in self-sharpening. Nature thought of everything: the rodent incisors are covered with enamel unevenly, with the front side – a tough layer with the rear thin or missing. When the animal chews on hard objects, tools are not deleted uniformly, and sharpened like a chisel. Root teeth also samsarajade, because they have surface irregularities.
When you need dental care?
Drop the teeth in hamsters? Unfortunately, it happens. Preceding this injury, due to which the tooth may fall out or break off. What if the hamster broke a tooth? Don't worry too much. If one of the incisors is broken, it needs to grow. The task of the host to monitor the length and safety of the remaining teeth. After injury, the animal will "take care of" tools and not use them fully, which leads to their rapid growth and defective stitching. Such a situation is dangerous, because the rodent won't be able to eat normally, you will have to trim the hamster's teeth. Be able to do this the veterinarian, the procedure is simple and the doctor quickly eliminate the excess.
Yourself to shorten long incisors of a pet is not necessary, but if you can not see a doctor, try yourself in the role of a specialist. To manipulate take kotyachi nail clipper or a nail Nipper. It is important to cut only the part that is unnecessary. After normalization length, your intervention is not required, the hamster will continue to sharpen them yourself.
Features of the jaws of hamsters of different breeds
Teeth – a sore subject not only for people but for some hamsters. Syrian and Djungarian rodents are no exception. They are often found violations of the cutters, this is due to genetics, injury. The animal may get injured because of the habit to chew everything, even that not intended for this purpose. One of these bad habits are the metal bars of the cage. If you have problems with your teeth, they need to be immediately addressed, otherwise the hamster will be hungry diet because of the pain she'll refuse to eat.
The most frequent problems for Djungarian and Syrians:
- Incisors grow unevenly. Because of this problems may develop a number of other problems, such as uneven stitching, in-growing incisors in the cheek pouches and the sky. If your baby lost weight, and when gently pressing on the cheeks is experiencing discomfort is a red flag. This can be inherited.
- The upper and lower incisors broken. You need to make sure that the tooth opposite the injured was not too long.
How to prevent disease?
You already know what the hamsters teeth, but it is very important to learn how to follow them. To discover problems periodically inspect the jaws. Crumbs do not like such manipulation and will try to escape. If, after the moving away of the cheek bags, you will see a smooth, straight teeth, and their length is proportional to each other, it means that all is well. It is important that in the body of the hamster in the right quantity received calcium, control its content in purchased feed.
Interesting facts and tips:
- the first symptom of problems with jaws – excessive salivation. This can happen if you loose a tooth;
- hamster, who grits his teeth, probably dissatisfied with something, experienced a stressful situation or something not allowing him to relax;
- fear can provoke a child to inappropriate behavior. It gives the answer to the question why the hamster chattering teeth. It would piss off persuasive communication, strangers and even smells;
- the reason for the poor health of the rodent may not be the closing of the jaws, resulting in bags accumulate remnants of food;
- curved cutters do not allow the animal to eat properly.
At the slightest suspicion that the teeth of hamster is sick, show it to the vet.