To a rodent, had not been sick and lived longer, he needs to eat right.It is not recommended to boil — lost a large proportion of nutrients. This can be done very rarely and out of necessity, and the cooking time to reduce to a minimum, and in any case not to salt.
What vegetables can you give a hamster?
Vegetables for your hamster is one of the main sources of vitamins and animals as well as people in summer, accumulate nutrients for the entire year, so it is important to treat rodent fresh food from the garden. But before that you need to know what vegetables can you feed hamsters.
- cucumbers — low in calories, helpful for the rodent;
- cabbage, but not all — cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage are allowed, but red is best to avoid;
- carrots are among vegetables that can be hamsters, is a must — it contains all the necessary number of vitamins that improves vision and hearing, skin and wool;
- turnip contains a lot of vitamins as well as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus;
- zucchini and eggplant will improve the water balance of the body;
- beans and peas are responsible for maintaining proper receipts of protein.
1-2 times a week, you can diversify the diet using pumpkin, tomato or beet.
What kind of fruit can be given to hamsters?
Almost all fruits can hamsters, only in reasonable quantities, as high sugar content can lead to diabetes. Special Djungarian hamster should be given smaller fruit, preferably only as a reward. If you do not monitor it, gungari will live very little.
The main sweet foods include: pears, apples, bananas, plums, apricots, melons, watermelons. In no case do not give citrus. Also you should avoid dried up and began to deteriorate. Also before serving, they need a good wash.
Can dried fruit hamster?
In addition to fresh produce, these Pets can also be a lot of dried fruits: raisins, dried apricots, dried pears and apples, but should not be abused — they also contain a lot of sugar. Also there is some separation on the species: for example, Syrian hamsters it is better to give dried apricots or prunes in a small piece a couple of times a week, but Djungarian it is recommended to eat fruits with less sugar — apples or banana chips. Dried fruits are usually used for feeding and rewarding in the process of training.
So, from fruits and vegetables, hamsters and Djungarian and Syrian, eat almost anything, but better to know in advance what eats and what is not, one or the other breed.