Interesting facts about chinchillas for children and adults can become the unexpected discovery that even if this charismatic animal lives in a home apartment.The hunting of the animal for the indigenous population were strictly limited.
The beginning of the spread of chinchillas in Europe put Mathias F. Chapman. The man acquired an individual at the Chilean, what inspired him to activism. In 1919 he assembled an expedition of 23 people to catch a few rodents in the highlands of the Andes and deliver them to the United States.
- one of the members of the squad claimed that the path to a caged animal on the database took more than 4 weeks;
- for three years, the group of 24 people managed to catch only 12 chinchillas;
- to prevent the animals swimming from adverse climate people used ice and was constantly covered the cage with a wet cloth;
- in a way killed the only specimen, and one of the females has had her litter;
- most Pets Chapman survived him. One of the animals safely celebrated her 22nd anniversary. It was called Old Hoff in honor of a blacksmith, designed a cage for moving animals to America.
The life of the animal more than a decade. The oldest specimen was in England, her age is 28 years and 92 days.
In 1964 chinchilla first appeared in Russia. The first specimen was observed at the research laboratories of agriculture and farming. Rodents are perfectly adapted to the new environment and quickly multiplied. A few animals from this batch were released in the mountain areas of the country, where, according to eyewitnesses, they happily settled and live still.
Chinchilla sensitive and cautious animal. Observation in natural environment is difficult to implement. Most of the information scientists get by studying domesticated animals.
Rodina rodent not welcoming. Poor vegetation, lack of water and shelters, deceit the ground under their feet and the investigation of its location involve strict requirements for the body and way of life.
- chinchillas are colonial animals, number of flocks can reach hundreds. Despite this, rodents are monogamous and rarely change once the selected partner;
- females in the colonies occupy a dominant position. They are larger and more active males;
- due to the unique structure of the skeleton, the animal is capable of strongly compressed vertically and squeeze into the narrow slit;
- the animal likes to sleep and spends doing this a large part of the daytime. If needed, you can get a rest upside down;
- in their natural habitat rodent diet, in addition to plant food includes insects;
- the red blood cells of the animal carry more air molecules, which facilitates survival in the environment with a rarefied atmosphere;
- chinchilla fur is recognized as the softest in the world. The reason for this thick undercoat of the beast. Despite this, the rodent can easily reset the mech in case of danger, leaving the claws of a predator is only a piece of it;
- the cerebellum is the chinchilla better developed than most fellow rodents, which ensures good coordination of movements;
- the animal is completely absent sebaceous and sweat glands, so it almost does not exude odors, rarely becomes a catalyst for allergies, poorly kept on the water.
Interesting for children
Children are curious to know what sintillata be born at once, with eight teeth. The growth of fangs and indigenous does not stop throughout life.
Another fun fact — chinchillas are freckles. With age, the ears of animals cover beige and brown spots. This is facilitated by the presence of beige color in the DNA of the animal.
These rodents are very clean, but not used for bathing water. To get rid of dirt on the fur of the animals take sand baths. The ears are of a special membrane. During hygiene they protect the ear canal from penetration of sand grains.
Front legs in the animals grow faster back. Like human hands, they have five fingers. On hind legs there are only four. When a rodent eats he crouches and holds the food with its front paws, which looks very nice.