The sellers at the pet store often assure buyers that chinchillas are quiet and silent animals, but this is not true.Depending on the situation, these rodents can produce as melodic cooing sounds, and announce to the apartment a loud sharp cry.
- if the animal growls with displeasure, perhaps he is hungry and asks to be fed. Also grunt chinchilla can attract the attention of the owner, requiring communication;
- the squeak of the animal suggests that rodent dissatisfied or annoyed. If a pet nervously squeakswhen it is touched or take on hands, it means that he does not wish to be disturbed;
- pleasure or satisfaction chinchilla expresses soft pohryukivanie. For example, animal grunts nose when eating a favorite treat or take a sand bath;
- pet snorts, like a hedgehog — so he something interested or studying the unfamiliar object;
- a sound like a quacking duck, rodent issues, if he's annoyed by obsessive attention of the owner. Thus, pet is reported that he became angry and demands to be left alone. If this is not done , the chinchilla can bite the owner;
- when painful feelings chinchilla quiet moaning or whining. If a rodent makes these sounds, the owner should examine the pet. Perhaps he was injured, running in the wheel, or hurt on the sharp object;
- the loud noise frightens and annoys the animals. If the room where there is a cage with a pet, loud TV or music, it can Express their protest in a hoarse croaking sound.
Important: do not be afraid, if a chinchilla makes strange noises while eating. Absorbing food, the animal may pleasure groan or cheep like a rubber toy.
As chinchillas communicate with each other
Living in large groups and colonies, chinchillas talking to each other using a variety of audio signals. Using sounds of different loudness and pitch, furry rodents encourage relatives to a report ready to mate and inform each other about possible dangers.
The value of the signals produced by the chinchilla:
- the invitation of the companion to a walk or a fun game sounds like a melodic beeping. That's why chinchilla squeaks sometimes, running around the apartment, because she wants a friend to sit down with her;
- loving, understanding and caring between a couple of chinchillas are expressed in the cooing and pleasant singing trills;
- when the tribesman prevents the animal to rest or to eat his food, his indignation and protest chinchilla expresses disgruntled hoot;
- animals use quacking and hissing sounds, accompanied by grinding his teeth to intimidate the other dogs. This happens when the animal wants to scare the opponent from their females, or to drive him from its territory;
- the danger signal that a rodent will inform the tribesmen of the approach of the predator, sounds like a dog's intermittent barking. Sometimes chinchillas bark if she feels threatened by humans (e.g., animal not yet accustomed to the owner and got an appointment to the vet);
- the rage and furry animals expressing strange sounds, resembling laughter, so from the side it looks like the rodent laughs.
Sounds and signals dogs during the mating period
His courtship of a female in heat, the male begins with recruiting the soft cries, as if to tell a future partner that he is ready to mate.
Females do not always graciously accept the advances of a gentleman, complaining of a sharp and angry growls. The male at the same plaintive sort of whining and barking.
If evil grunts females did not deter the persistent suitor, and the pairing process is successful, the male after it emits a short hoarse sound like hiccups.
The sounds of young chinchillas
Unlike adults, who speak with each other or with the owner only in rare cases, babies chinchilla more sociable and talkative:
- hungry baby emit a ringing high-pitched squeaks. So they beckon to his mother, demanding that they are fed;
- small chinchillas squeak loudif lost and can't find mom;
- full and happy kids welcome shimmering melodic cooing. During sleep babies can fine cheep and snore;
- if the baby during sleep or feeding by a careless touch disturbed brother, he shows discontent pant or grunt;
- fuss and fun games young chinchillas are accompanied by loud yelps and chirping like birds chirping.
Why chinchilla cries in the night
In natural habitats, these furry animals are nocturnal, hiding during the daytime in burrows and rock crevices. The habits of domestic chinchillas are no different from the behavior of their wild relatives. The rodent may spend a relaxing afternoon in his house, becoming active only after dark.
On the nights pet was up in his cage loud commotion and often emits loud screams. It is not surprising that waking up in the night from heart-rending cries of the animal, owners are frightened and don't know what to do in such a situation. But in most cases, worrying is not necessary, because the night cries of the animal there is a simple and logical explanation.
Night chinchilla cry if:
- the animal was just bored and shouts chinchilla, requiring communication and attention of the owner;
- the owner forgot to leave a treat for the pet and hurt the rodent with a loud cry begging for a treat;
- a pet wants to run and asks to be released from the cell;
- fear can also cause the cry of an animal. If a chinchilla makes a short sharp cries, probably of the animal was scared by a loud noise or an unfamiliar sound;
- if you have a cat, then it is possible that it startled the rodent, came at night to his home. So the little darling loudly yells, signaling to the owner that he is in danger and needs protection;
- when the cell contains a few chinchillas, night cries may indicate that a pet got into a fight over food or toys;
- the soft cries of a small animal in a dream means that he is upset about something or saw an unpleasant dream.
Important: if the chinchilla cries for no apparent reason a few nights in a row, it's possible the animal was sick and in pain. In this case, the small pet should be seen by a veterinarian.
Chinchillas are timid, vulnerable and gentle creaturesthat need special approach. To win the trust of the furry rodent holder is required to be patient and to surround him with attention and care. And when between the host and a small animal encounter a warm and trusting relationship, the owner will easily learn to understand the unique and varied language beloved pet.