Chinchilla is a wonderful soft friend, communication with which brings a lot of fun loving owners.Allergic reaction in young animals is accompanied by sneezing, itching, anxiety. rapid hair loss and skin inflammation. Treatment is to remove source of Allergy (cleaning cages, changing food and litter) and receiving antigistaminnah drugs;
A runny nose in exotic animal is characterized by striking symptoms wet nostrils, mucous snot flowing from the nose, accumulation of white or yellowish mucus in the corners of the eyes, lethargy, drowsiness, rapid breathing. Rhinitis in chinchillas may develop on the background:
- colds to treat preferably under the control of the veterinary surgeon to avoid complications;
- content pet in a dusty environment, this situation requires frequent cleaning, and regular moisturizing of the air.
Cough as a symptom
My chinchilla can be a symptom of various pathologies, such as:
- Allergy, chinchilla coughs, sneezes and shed. For the termination of such cough is necessary to eliminate the allergen and treat the animal antihistamines;
- cardiovascular failure, in rodents have a cough, wheezing, shortness of breath. Diagnosis and treatment of cardiac cough should spend a veterinarian;
- colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, trachyte from chinchilla accompanied by a dry or wet cough, wheezing, heavy breathing, weakness, expirations from a nose and eyes and require immediate treatment with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs;
- a foreign body caught in the throat, causing a reflex cough. In this state, the chinchilla is coughing, as if choking, there is the urge to vomit. You can shake the animal upside down, give a favorite treat to push the subject, and urgently to address to the expert.
Exotic animals in nature live in a cool mountainous climate, with cold winds, so chinchillas are a healthy lot. Colds in Pets occur in violation of the conditions of detention: drafts, lowering the temperature of the air is below 15 degrees and high humidity. To infect the little rodent viral infection can and loving host during the acute stage of the disease.
The symptoms of a cold:
- improve overall body temperature. Temperature above 38 ° C it is urgent to bring down, increasing the temperature to 39 ° C is extremely dangerous for the body of a chinchilla;
- abundant discharge from the nose and eyes;
- shortness of breath;
- lethargy, drowsiness.
Cold chinchillas dangerous development of severe complications: pneumonia, pleurisy, pneumonia, tracheitis and high body temperature that can cause death.
What to do if chinchilla cold?
A sick animal must be isolated to avoid infecting other chinchillas, the cage should be in a dry warm place, it is recommended that frequent wet service, temperature control and humidity. The rodent is assigned to the watering of broth hips, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents depending on the condition of the rodent.
Can a chinchilla to catch human colds
Chinchillas can be infected from a person by any respiratory viral infections, transmitted by airborne droplets. In the peak incidence is recommended to minimize the communication furry Pets with a sick owner, to make feeding, changing litter and water in a protective mask. The premises where animals are kept, it is desirable to ventilate and to conduct wet cleaning.
Chinchillas have a high metabolism, so any disease in the furry rodents are developing rapidly and are fraught with sad consequences. To prevent colds the owner need to carefully monitor the maintenance of optimal microclimate in the room with the animals. At the onset of runny nose, coughing, sneezing or temperature of a chinchilla is not to waste time and to self-medicate, treatment success depends on timely treatment at a veterinary clinic and purpose of therapeutic interventions.